COMMON ENTRANCE TEST
TAMIL NADU (TANCET)
The Tamil Nadu Common Entrance Test (TANCET) is administered for admission to the following:
- Master of Business Administration (MBA)
- Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
- ME/M.Tech/M.Arch/M.Plan degree programmes in Tamil Nadu in colleges and departments of Anna University Chennai, Anna University Coimbatore, Anna University Trichy, Anna University Tirunalveli Govt. Engineering Arts and Science colleges, Govt. Aided arts & science colleges, and for Govt. quota seats in self nancing engineering, arts & science colleges/institutions.
Some universities and self nancing engineering colleges can also opt to admit the candidates on the basis of TANCET.
Other state candidates can appear for the entrance test, but admission is subject to the eligibility conditions of the admitting authority/university.
TANCET 2017 was conducted on March 26th 2017 by Anna University. It was a paper-pencil testacross 15 centres. The results were declared on 11th April 2017. The counselling is scheduled to be held in the month of May.
GATE qualified candidates with valid scores above the GATE cutoff are exempted from appearing for TANCET. The candidates who have valid GATE 2015/2016/2017 are eligible to apply for the admissions.
Candidates who have valid GATE 2017 scores in GATE XL or XE papers will be required to appear for TANCET exam.
TANCET Analysis: The test is of two hours duration and will have sections to test the following:
To evaluate the candidates ability to identify critically the data and apply the data to business decisions from given typical business situations.
- Reading comprehension
- Quantitative ability (at + 2 and graduate level)
- Data sufficiency and interpretation
- Verbal ability
- Analytical reasoning
- Logical reasoning
- Computer awareness