Staff Selection Commission or SSC has been one of the most desirable organizations for Government exams in India. It conducts Combined Graduate Level – SSC CGL exam every year for recruitment to non-technical Group ‘B’ and Group ‘C’ non gazetted posts in various Ministries.The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for the recruitment of Grade “B” and “C” category posts in various Government Ministries, Departments and Offices. The exam is held in 4 stages called Tiers. While the first two are online the latter two are offline exams. The entire process of registration and communication happens online through the official website of SSC CGL. Candidates must qualify each stage of the SSC CGL exam to proceed to the next one, before being finally selected.
The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) conducts the Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam for recruitment to various subordinate services like:
• Assistants in Ministries/Departments, Attached and Subordinate office of the Govt. of India.
• Inspectors of Central Excise & Customs.
• Inspectors of Income Tax.
• Preventive Officers in Customs.
• Examiner in Customs.
• Sub-Inspectors in Central Bureau of Narcotics & CBI.
• Assistant Enforcement Officer in Directorate of Enforcement, Department of Revenue.
• Divisional Accountant, Jr. Accountant, Auditor & UDCs in various offices of Govt. of India.
• Auditor Offices under C&AG, CGDA, CGA & others.
• Accountant/ Junior Accountant
• Tax Assistant in CBDT and CBEC
• Compiler in Registrar General of India.ies/ Departments/ Organizations of the Government of India.
This is an objective type exam which will be conducted online. There are 4 sections in the Tier 2 exam of SSC CGL 2017, with 100 questions which account for a total of 200 marks. The subject-wise details are given below:
|Paper||Subject||No of Questions||Max Marks||Exam Duration|
|1||Quantitative Abilities||100||200||2 Hours|
|2||English Language and Comprehension||200||200||2 Hours|
|4||General Studies (Finance & Economics)||100||200||2 Hours|
• Paper-1 and Paper-2 are compulsory for all posts
• Paper-3 is only for the post of “Statistical Investigator Gr. II” & “Compiler”
• Paper-4 is only for the post of “Assistant Audit Officer”
• There is negative marking in SSC CGL 2017 Tier 2 exam. Giving a wrong answer to a question will lead to a penalty of 0.5 marks in Paper-1,3,4 and 0.25 marks in Paper-2.
• Questions in Paper-I will be of 10th standard level, Paper-2 of 10+2 level and Paper-3 & 4 of graduation level.
• The computer will be provided by the Commission at the Centre/venue notified for the purpose. Candidates shall not be allowed to bring their own Key-board.
• The exam duration is 2 Hours and 40 Minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped.
SSC CGL Tier 3 Exam Syllabus
This is a descriptive exam that is designed to test the written skills of the candidates in English/Hindi. It is conducted offline and candidates need to write Essay/Letter/Application/Precis. The best way to prepare for the same is to read lots of articles from various newspapers. Apart from this, you need to be well aware of the pattern of Letter and Application.
• The exam is of 60 minutes’ duration and carries 100 marks.
• The questions are based on 10+2 level.
• The exam is qualifying in nature.
• The exam duration is 80 minutes for candidates who are visually handicapped or suffer from cerebral palsy.