Staff selection commission conducts this exam every year for the following posts.
- Inspectors of Central Excise in different collectorates of Central Excise
- Examine (Ordinary Grade) in custom House at Mumbai, Kolkatta, Goa, Cochin, Chennai & Visakhapatnam.
- Preventive officer (Ord-Grade) in custom Houses at Mumbai, Goa, Cochin, Kolkatta, Chennai & Vizag.
- Inspector of Income Tax in different charges of the Commissioner of Income Tax.
- Assistant Enforcement Officers in the Directorate of Enforcement (FERA).
Age: 18-25 Yrs. (SCs/STs/DBC & Dept. candidates relaxable)
Educational Qualifications: Degree from a recognised University Physical Standards-Inspector of Central Excise, Preventive Officers-candidates will have to satisfy minimum physical standards.
Exam held once a year in the month of April. Last Date-Last week of December of last year. Exam comprises of (i) written Exams (ii) Interview for Personality Test.
CENTRAL EXCISE Syllabus
- General Awareness- 120 marks
- Arithmetic Ability- 80
- General English 80
- General Intelligence-120 marks