MAH-CET is the Common Entrance Test conducted by the Directorate of Technical Education (DTE), Maharashtra for student-applicants for admission to management institutes afliated to universities in Maharashtra state.
15% to 35% seat allocation is available for All India candidates appearing in MAH-CET exam. These candidates are also offered admission on the basis of their scores in All India MBA entrance exams like CAT, XAT, CMAT, MAT, ATMA.
The MAH-CET 2018 for admission to MBA/MMS/PGDM/PGDBM courses in the AICTE approved B schools in Maharashtra will be an online test. Registration process for MAH-CET would open in January, 2018 and will close in the 2nd week of February 2018.
MAH CET 2018 Exam Pattern
The key features of MAHCET 2018
· Test window would be of 2 days divided in multiple sessions
· MAH MBA-CET 2018 will be conducted in online mode.
· The test will be of 150 minutes (2 and half hours) duration
· The test will consist of only Multiple Choice Questions (MCQs).
· Total number of questions will be 200
· There will be 5 answer options for each question.
· The questions will not carry negative marking for any wrong answer.
· Exam will consist of 3 sections while Reasoning section will contain Logical & Abstract Reasoning questions separately
|Section name||Number of questions||Mark per question||Total marks for the section|
|Verbal Ability/Reading Comprehension||50||1||50|
|Total marks for the test||200|
Leading management institutes as below apart from others consider MAH-CET scores for admission.
- Jamnalal Bajaj Institute of Management Studies (JBIMS), Mum-bai.
- KJ Somaiya Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mumbai.
- Welingkar Institute of Management Development & Research, Mumbai.
- Bharti Vidyapeeth’s Institute of Management Studies & Research, Navi Mumbai.
- SIES College of Management Studies, Navi Mumbai.
- NL Dalmia Institute of Management Studies and Research, Mum-bai and
- Department of Management Sciences (PUMBA), University of Pune
MAH-CET Analysis: The MAH-CET is basically a multiple-choice objective test based on Verbal Ability, Quantitative Aptitude, Logic, Visual Reasoning, Reading comprehension and data interpretation format.
This is followed by Group Discussion and Personal Interview, which have suitable weightages in final selection.
The entire admission process for the MMS course is administered by the Directorate of Technical Education, Government of Maharashtra.